Taccani hydroelectric central
The bend in the Adda under the Visconteo Castle rock has been home to the Taccani Power Plant, commissioned by the Cristoforo Benigno Crespi textile industry and built by architect Gaetano Moretti on Adolfo Covi's water design, since 1906. It is the most interesting historic power plant in all of Lombardy from both the architectural (it is a modern design that reflects the balance with the surrounding environment) and technological standpoints (the turbine room is combined with the drive room to eliminate the shunt channel).
Another specific channel permits navigation. The buildings are lined with Adda rock, a typical local stone, with crenellations that reflect the Castle design above and wrought iron Art Deco lamp posts.
The number of early-20th century power plants you meet along the Adda near Trezzo is really high. Trezzo itself is the site of the Taccani plant, while Cornate d’Adda is home to the Esterle and Bertini plants, lower down the valley stands the Rusca in Cassano and on the Bergamo side the Crespi d’Adda plant looms large. Above all of them sits the Semenza plant in Calusco.
The plant, which is still producing electricity, today services the provinces of Milan, Como and Bergamo.
Wherevia Bernaḅ Visconti
20056 Trezzo sull'Adda
For the visitguided tour: 10.00>12.30 14.00>17.00; every 20-30 minuti; 25 visitors maximum; schools and groups: tue, wed, thu, booking necessary
Entrybooking: Contact the Pro Loco 09.00>12.00 closed on Mon Sun
People with motor disabilitiesPartially accessible to the disabled
via Bernaḅ Visconti 14