Basilica of San Magno
A pearl of the Renaissance, the basilica was built with the contribution of the Lampugnani and Vismara families from Legnano. Inspired by the work of Bramante, at the exterior is shaped like a Greek cross but inside the atrium opens onto a octagonal area with deep chapels. Elegant monochrome candelabras stand out against the brilliant blue background on the corner walls that continue over the octagonal vaults, covered with the 1515 frescoes by Gian Giacomo Lampugnani.
The polyptych of 1523 by Bernardino Luini is quite significant, in the middle it depicts the Madonna with Child on the throne and the musician angels, in the four side panels, in the tympanum is the Eternal benedictory, while the altar step contains monochrome scenes from the life of Jesus.
The cycle of frescoes in the greater chapel is the work of Bernardino Lanino who picks up on numerous elements from his teacher Gaudenzio Ferrari.
the sixteenth centurypainter
Bernardino Luini e Bernardino Lanino
There are no services for the disabled but there is wheelchair access from a secondary entrance close to the bell tower.
Wherepiazza San Magno
+39 0331 547856
Hoursopening hours: 09.30>12.00 15.30>19.00
People with motor disabilitiesNot accessible
piazza San Magno 10