The Visconteo Castle whose history goes back almost one thousand years is first mentioned in a 1304 document. After being used for various purposes over the years, it was transformed into a private residence in the 1600s and become public in 1865 when it became a school. Today it houses the Municipal Library "Romeo Brambilla" and the Foundation for the Promotion of Abbiatense. In the courtyard and in the library frescoes which are considered important for architectural and geometric reasons can still be seen, an echo of the viscontese taste which is frequent in the Milanese area.
+39 02 94692454 (civic library)
Hoursopening hours: 09.00>19.00, Mon and Sat 15.00>19.00 Sun closed.
For the visitguided tour: upon reservation by calling +39 02 94692453 (pro loco)
People with motor disabilitiesaccess. diversamente abili parziale