Piazza Fontana and Piermarini's fountain
In the pleasant Piazza Fontana, which was originally the Archbishop's garden and a marketplace, there is a large fountain made of three superimposed ponds, in pink granite from Baveno. The fountain, built on the orders of minister Firman, based on the designs of the architect Giuseppe Piermarini, used to be considered a precious reserve of water in the past and nowadays is a beautiful decoration in the piazza.
Giuseppe Piermarini (1734-1808)carver
Giuseppe Franchiart period