The archaeological park in the former Breda area.
Breda was established in 1886 and opened its Sesto plants in 1903. From the initial production of steam locomotives business expanded to the manufacturing of electrical trains, war material, aeroplanes and parts for the nuclear industry. Among the most famous electrical train products, the ETR 300 "Settebello" and the carriages for the Milan metro. In the Eighties, Breda, which employed 20,000 workers, split up until it disappeared. The areas between Sesto and Milan are today occupied by the new Bicocca settlements, new companies and shopping centres, by a craft district and an industrial archaeological park which hosts the Museum of Industry and Labour (MIL) and the Bridge Crane.
Near Spazio Mil is the 1906 Breda 830 locomotive, which was restored through the work of three former Breda employees, and the Breda trip hammer, a large machine tool, five meters high and weighing 15,000 kg, built by the Breda factory itself sometime during 1930s. The trip hammer, used for heat forging, remained in service until the end of the 1980s.