Church of San Bernardino in Valera
It is the oldest church building in Arese. Built on the wishes of the Lattuada family in 1558, it stands on a pre-existing structure, possibly of Romanesque origins with numerous renovations made in later centuries.
A canvas hangs on the central wall showing
The Madonna with Baby Jesus and the Saints Bernardino Francesco and Margherita with two donors.
On the right hand wall is an interesting Baptism of Jesus Christ dating from around the end of the Sixteenth Century, with Venetian ancestry and clear derivations from Gaudenzio Ferrari and Lanino.
The valuable wooden statue from the first half of the eighteenth century showing the Madonna del Rosario, is also worth a mention.
The facade has eighteenth century features. Simple interior with three naves, the two minor ones were added at the start of the XX century.
Navigazione di primo livello
- Beyond Milano
- Arts and history
- Road of the Abbeys
- Art & faith
- Museums and Culture
- Nature and taste
- Welcome to Milan
- Low cost
Navigazione di livello 1
- Monuments and buildings
- Traditional areas and new districts