Villa Visconti d'Aragona
Villa Visconti d'Aragona de Ponti came to life on the sixteenth century. The villa's story is closely tied to Giovanni Antonio Parravinci, the famous collector and buyer who owned a rich collection of paintings that have unfortunately been dispersed.
From 1669 to 1721, for over half a century, he inhabited the villa and adorned it with numerous frescoes and decorations. To celebrate his wedding with Francesca Castiglioni in 1680, he commissioned valuable projects: Besides adding the bridegrooms coat of arms, the Parravicini's swan and the Castiglioni's lion.
A room was entirely covered in frescoes that depict landscapes and mythological figures which represent Liberty, Wisdom, Wealth, and Strength.
After Parravicini's death, the building became part of other noble families, the Visconti Boromeos and then Visconti D'Aragona, who released it in 1873 to the enterprising bourgeois family of De Ponti, who remained in possession of the villa for almost a century.