Palazzo della Permanente
The Palazzo della Permanente, located in via Turati, was built between 1883 and 1885 by the society for Fine Arts and Permanent Exhibition, an organisation that promotes painting and sculpture exhibitions.
The building, designed by the architect and art historian, Luca Feltrami, has a neo-renaissance style facade, and has been playing its role as cultural diffuser for many years now, both in the Milanese context and world-wide.
The palace, officially inaugurated on 25 April 1886, hosts numerous temporary exhibitions and a permanent collection of twentieth century works, with masterpieces by well known figures like Modigliani, De Chirico, Fontana, Boccioni, Marini and Morandi.
The works focus on Italian art in the early decades of the XX century, from Futurism to Metaphysics to the Twentieth Century group and on a lesser scale, the Italian artistic trends of the fifties and sixties.