Teatro dal Verme
The Theatre gets its name from the ancient family Dal Verme, which was living in the 19th century in the palaces facing present-day via San Giovanni sul muro and via Puccini. In front of these roads, at that time in the suburbs, in 1864 the wooden pavillion of the Ciniselli Circus was built. The Dal Verme family decided a few years later to buy it, raze it to the ground and use the area to build a great theatre which could bear the name of the house. The inauguration was on the 14th of September 1872 with the play "The Huguenots" of Meyerbeer. After the bombing of 1943 the theatre was transformed into a movie theatre. In 1980 it was purchased by the Province and the Town Council of Milan in order to be transformed into a concert hall. The project began between 1983 and 1984 but the work was interrupted between 1993 and January 1999. Opening on the 5th of April 2001 the new Dal Verme Theatre became one of the most beautiful concert halls of Milan, able to host a large symphonic orchestra and a choir, spaces for conferences, exhibitions and other events.
Giuseppe Pestagalli (not.1829-36)
Wherevia San Giovanni sul Muro
+39 02 87905
Hourstime of event: Box office 10.00>20.00; Sun 10.00>13.00; closed on Mon
People with motor disabilitiesCompletely accessible to the disabled
via San Giovanni sul Muro 2