Church of San Pietro all'Olmo
The foundation of the church (also called the "old church") dates back to the Lombard era, and may be dated some time between 900 and 1100. Today the wall that dates back to that era is still visible, it was built with stones arranged in a herringbone fashion, the only ancient element of the church that survived the earthquake of 1117. In this area there was also the monastery of San Pietro all'Olmo, which was presumably built in 1170. The facade of the church was restored between the end of the 1800's and the beginning of the 1900's.
The church is located in the hamlet of San Pietro all'Olmo. Many cultural initiatives that involve the town of Cornaredo are organised in and around the abbey. In the square of the old church, from time immemorial, the community used to meet around a large elm that stood there; the century old tree was then cut down in the Fifties.