Caslte - Carthusian grange of Carpiano
In 1396, Galeazzo Visconti gave the Carpiano stronghold to the Certosini monks in order for them to build their monastery and the church of Torre del Mangano (later called Certosa di Pavia), where he wanted to be buried.
The Certosini monks inhabited the Castle of Carpiano and cultivated the land. They turned the region into fertile lands thanks to the introduction of an irrigation system that took advantage of Lisone's water that runs over the land between the two Lambro regions. The Certosa artificial canal, built in 1509 by the Certosin monks of Pavia in order to irrigate their fields and a square farmstead (built over the viscontean castle), was the adaptation made to a fortified grange that is located near the 15th century church of S. Martino. The donated structure still stands today.
The Castle can be viewed only from the outside.