Borromeo Castle of Truccazzano
The Corneliano Castle was built during High Medieval times as a fortified building that faced the Adda valley. It originally belonged to the Viscontis, but it was donated in 1300 to the Brolo Hospital of Milan, who kept the building until the year 1700 when it passed hands from Milan's Bigli family, to the Gallarti Scotti, and ultimately to the Borromeos. The building still enjoys its original fašade that faces the centre of Corneliano, and has a spacious internal courtyard. The south side overlooks the countryside and Adda river.
The Castle can be viewed from the outside.
The original castle from the XII century is located in the hamlet of Corneliano Bertario.