The Forlanini park
The Park, facing the Linate airport, has always been known as a site surrounded by rural life and intended for sports and recreational use.
Inaugurated in 1970, it was named after Enrico Forlanini ( 1848-1930), airship experimenter.
Simply designed, the park is home to 11 farmhouses, partially owned by the town and partially by the Mulino Codovero.
On the north side (Via Corelli) are: Cascina Villalanda (probable remains of a Medieval village), the adjacent Cascina Case Nuove and Cascina Cavriana, ancient rural settlement known since 1014 and owned by the Maggiore Hospital since the 70's. The hospital's emblem, a dove with an olive branch, can still be seen on a 3-arched seventeenth century portico.
The Cascina Taverna, Cascina Casanova and Mulino Codovero are located on the west side.
Just south of the Cascina Cavriana is the Cascina Sant’Ambrogio: a rural settlement that has encompassed the remains of a small late fourteenth century Roman church whose apsidal part remains.
In 2002 the beech wood was opened in memorium of the 118 victims of the Linate air disaster of 8th October 2001
The Salesina pond, fed by waterbeds and rain water, is on the north-east side. An excellent fish and aquatic bird habitat of cattails grows abundantly on the pond shores.