Cittadini Stampa palace
The Cittadini Stampa building, which once belonged to Milan's noble family dei Cittadini until the end of the 1400, is a large elegant building. It was bought, around the year 1800, by Giuliano Baronio, consort of a Visconti. The daughter and husband Gaspare Stampa, famous renaissance patriot, lived in the building from 1835 until 1874. The owner's dwelling has a noteworthy dimension: it expands over three floors, and has a central medieval tower of the communal period. The rectangular floor, measuring more than 30 meters wide and 12 meters deep. Its interior still maintains an extensive fresco made during the second half of the XVII century, by a Milan group of classic painters.
the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries
The palace is presently under restoration and cannot be accessed.
The job of restoring it was taken on personally by the Province of Milan. The building is destined to house council offices, the Reading and Library Foundation of south-west Milan, and serve as regional tourist promotion offices.