Convento Santa Maria della Rosa
Church of Santa Maria vecchia
The former church of Santa Maria Vecchia has an evident medieval look. Dating back to the 12th century, it was connected to the nearby convent of Santa Maria Rosa in 1595, when the entrance to the church was inverted: the bell tower is now near the access from Via S. Maria, where there was once the apse.
The convent was then suppressed at the end of the 1700's under the Emperor Joseph II. Today the church is no longer consecrated and the modern glass gateway allows a view of some of the fifteenth-sixteenth century frescoes.
As it is private property, the ex-church can only be viewed from the outside.