Monasterolo e Santa Maria delle Grazie
Along the towpath of the Martesana Canal, in the direction of Bellinzago Lombardo, stands the “Monasterolo”, founded in 1489 by the Augustinian monks from the Incoronata Monastery in Milan. The Church joined to it, dedicated to Santa Maria delle Grazie, is decorated with precious frescoes and is open to visitors on the feast of Our Lady’s Birth (8th September). Also worth seeing is the adjacent irrigation tap which Ludovic the Moor donated to the Augustinian monastery in 1494.
It can only be visited upon request and by making arrangements with the owners who live there.
The church is only open on the 8th of September each year.